IPMUX-24<< Back To Product A To Z
Pseudowire Gateway: 4 x T1/E1, FE or GbE over Ethernet/IP
RAD's IPmux-24 TDM pseudowire access gateway extends TDM, HDLC and Ethernet services over packet transport. The IPmux-24 incorporates standard pseudowire technology and supports all common methods for circuit emulation over packet, transparently delivering voice and data over Ethernet, IP, and MPLS bacbones.
Featuring high precision clock recovery functionality, redundancy and ring protection, as well as advanced management capabilities, the IPmux-24 TDM pseudowire access gateway is an ideal solution for carriers, service providers, enterprises, and mobile operators looking to benefit from new packet-switched networks. Typical applications include replacement of expensive E1/T1 leased lines, PSTN access extension, and cellular backhaul.
- Supports all TDM pseudowire modes: TDMoIP, CESoPSN, SAToP, HDLCoPSN, MEF-8
- Four channelized TDM user ports aggregating multiple fractional E1/T1s with DS0-level grooming
- Up to three, SFP- or UTP-based Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet network ports with uplink redundancy
- Cross connect between E1 or T1 ports (without signaling)
- Up to 64, individually-configured pseudowire connections supports a large number of remote units
- 802.3ad LAG and dual homing redundancy; G.8032 Ethernet ring protection
- Under 16 ppb frequency accuracy with advanced clock recovery per G.823/824 synchronization interface and G.8261 specifications
- MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum)-9 and MEF-14 certified for Ethernet private line (EPL) service with port-based rate limitation
- Traffic classification according to 802.1p, IP ToS/DSCP or MPLS EXP bits
- 802.1Q Ethernet bridging; VLAN tagging and stacking (Q-in-Q)
- Enhanced fault management capabilities including alarm propagation, diagnostic loopbacks, and fault isolation
- SNMP management; Centralized RADIUS authentication, secure Telnet and Web access (SSHv2, SSL)